PIF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice. PIF may change this policy from time to time and will update members directly should it do so and amend the website for all non-members . This notice is effective from 17 April 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Financial information to process your membership subscription, course or event tickets
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services and will use it to keep your record up to date.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise information you receive from us according to your interests.
• We will not provide your information to any third party without your express permission. We only ever share information with our partners to fulfil the requirements of membership. i.e. Should you speak with the Legal Helpline, Jelf or PIF Telecom for example, we will verify to them if you are a member and eligible to receive services from them under membership benefit agreements, you will then go on to set up your own agreements with them. If you are not a member we will never share your information with anyone.
By submitting your personal information and indicating that you would like to receive further information from us, you consent to us using your personal information in the above ways.
How long do we keep information?
If you are a member of PIF we will keep your information on our secure database and regularly check to ensure we hold the most current details for you.
If you are not currently a member of PIF but have asked us to keep in touch, we will contact you to tell you about our events, new benefits of membership and industry news. All emails received from us have an option to opt out of further contact.
If you wish us to talk to us about or amend information we hold about you, please contact 01234 273933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I don’t want to hear from PIF? You can of course request that we stop contacting you at any time, however, if you are a member, this means you would miss out on information about future benefits, time sensitive offers and your member privilege of access to news and events before non-members if we do not contact you. If you are not a member, again, you can request that we stop all contact with you at any time. We will remove your information from our active news lists and will not contact you again unless you sign up to hear from us in the future.
The Pet Industry Federation (and therefore all related Associations and Divisions) is a Registered Data Controller in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act. You may apply for further information about the data we hold on your business to: Data Protection Enquiry, Pet Industry Federation, 170 Mile Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire. MK42 9TW.